A small list of cleaning hacks for those of us looking to save money, time and of course, sanity.
Cleaning tips and tricks
- White wine vinegar is great for removing limescale. Why not try soaking your shower head in boiling water mixed with vinegar to easily unclog any limescale.
- Why not try a natural surface cleaner? To make this all you need is baking soda with lemon juice, vinegar, or even water. Mix this till it forms a paste and then rub this over your surfaces and rinse with water. Baking soda is used to break down dust and remove stains.
- Not only does baking soda remove stains, but it can also be used to buff away scratches. Take the paste made up of baking soda and water and buff away and then rise to remove the scratches.
- Baking soda can also be used to lift the smelly for dirty trainers, just sprinkle some into the shoe for an instant lift.
- Clean your sponges by placing them in the microwave while it’s damp, for 90 seconds on full power to reduce the amount of bacterial by 99%
- Clean your chopping board by rubbing lemons on it to lift stains and remove any smell. If this doesn’t lift it the first time sprinkle baking soda over it and repeat.
- If your washing machine smells, you can put a cup of white vinegar inside and run it empty on a hot wash, to help remove limescale.
This is a good start for an Ecological Spring Clean.